The World Cancer Declaration is a plan of action to help substantially reduce the global cancer burden by 2020 and increase cancer's visibility on the international political agenda.
How you can get involved:
- Encourage Individuals and Organizations to endorse the Declaration
- Encourage local and national media coverage on the Declaration
- Become an official Declaration partner
- Develop E-advocacy campaigns focused on the Declaration
- Develop translations of the Declaration in your native language
- Develop national adaptations of the Declaration
Your signature endorsing the Declaration will help to:
- show the world's leaders that the global cancer community stands united behind this for call for action to reduce the global cancer burden significantly by 2020.
- represent a consensus between foundations, national and international non-governmental and governmental organizations, professional bodies, the private sector, academia and civil society from all continents that are committed to the vision of eliminating cancer as a major threat for future generations.
- help cancer advocates bring the growing cancer crisis to the attention of health policymakers at national, regional and global levels.
The UICC encourages partnership within the framework of the World Cancer Declaration. By working together, we can more easily implement the priority actions and achieve the 2020 targets.